Year after year, Twist and Seals’ inventor Bryan, had an issue every year around the holidays. The issue was that his Christmas lights and holiday displays kept shorting out, blowing fuses, and simply put, the lights were not on when they were supposed to be, which put a damper on holiday celebrations and events. Like many homeowners Bryan took pride in the way his home was decorated and for good reason, setting up Holiday lights can take anywhere from 1 hour to put up, too weeks for some die-hard Christmas light enthusiasts. After years of experimenting with countless rolls of tape, plastic bags, Tupperware containers and even industrial strength construction grade bags could not keep the moisture out.
Last year, Bryan thought to himself there had to be a better way, and with the experience of his failed attempts at weather protection for his holiday lights, he sat down and sketched out a prototype electrical cord connection piece of hardware that protected electrical connections. This got the ball rolling for Twist and Seal, after hundreds of hours of developing a final product Twist and Seal made it to stores in 2012.
What most Christmas light enthusiasts do not understand what actually cause their lights to not work. More times than not, the reason for burnt out lights is because there is an interruption in the electrical current. Generally this comes at the weakest point in a current, and that is usually where the two cords connect. If any kind of moisture gets into the connection, the electrical current will be disrupted and trip a GFI, which means “ground fault interrupter” which disables the electrical current to protect users from electrical shock and even potential fire.
The solution is as simple as the products name, Twist and Seal. The Twist and Seal provides moisture protection. There is no need to worry about the lights failing again because of problem connections. Save time and a hassle, don’t use tape or garbage bags for electrical connections, be safe and use Twist and Seal.